Creativity, Action, Service (CAS)
IB CAS requires about 150 hours of Creativity, Action, and Service (CAS) from IB candidates over two years of their diploma programme. CAS is a balance to the rigor of IB academics and is crucial in molding the active, compassionate, and caring young people who will help to create a better and more peaceful world.
CAS is an experiential learning program that allows candidates to undergo the process of planning, acting, and reflecting on their CAS activities. In the end, candidates are expected to have
- Increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
- Undertaken new challenges
- Planned and initiated activities
- Worked collaboratively with others
- Shown perseverance and commitment in their activities
- Engaged with issues of global importance
- Considered the ethical implications of their actions
- Developed new skills
Should you have any enquiries regarding the Arabian Pearl Gulf School CAS programme, please contact the Arabian Pearl Gulf School CAS Coordinator.